[Paraview] Fortran Library to IO VTK data file

szaghi at infinito.it szaghi at infinito.it
Tue Dec 4 16:17:14 EST 2007

Hi all,

I have written a small library, in pure fortran 90/95 with
only one non-standard instruction for binary file
handling, to Input/Output VTK data. I think that this code
may be useful for fortran programmers: I hope that the
library give you a simple API to write (and soon as
possible to read) VTK data file without mixing fortran
with C++ or python.

I wrote a poor user guide, but I think that is enough to
use the library. As soon as I have the time I update the
user guide and the all the files associated to the library
(makefile, examples, compiled packages ...). At the moment
I made a very poor webpage with the source code of the
library and the user guide. There is also a simple example
of the library usage. The web page is:

http://stefano.zaghi.googlepages.com/lib_vtk_io

from this site you can download the source code and the
userguide. Unlucke the comments in the code is in italian.
As soon as possible I will translate them in english.

The library is distribuited under GPL and I will very
happy if it will be useful for any other me...

Send me all comments, in particular critics and
suggestions...

See you soon

Stefano

PS thank to Renato E. for his help. This library is a
collection of his tips. And thank to all paraview/vtk
programmers for their support on this mailing list.