[Paraview] How to Display the Actual Scalar Values

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Thu Jan 11 16:25:51 EST 2007

Hi Mike,

There is not a way in ParaView 2.* to do what you're looking for.
However, you can easily accomplish this in ParaView III using the
selection feature there.

To use this feature do the following:
* Load your data.
* Switch to selection mode (arrow with dots around it in the toolbar).
* Click and drag on your data to draw out a rectangle containing the
points / cells you're interested in.
* From the View menu, select Element Inspector.
* Select either Point Data or Cell Data in the Element Inspector to see
the point-centered or cell-centered data values.

- Amy