[Paraview] Paraview Web with SSL

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Wed Aug 24 19:19:01 EDT 2016

Looking at your system log you may have some hints on what is going wrong.
(Still leaning toward file system security issue)

The sessionId could still be sent back but if the launcher can not write
that file, then apache could not figure out its mapping.

What linux version are you running it on?

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 4:12 PM, Daniel Zuidinga <info at seoaachen.de> wrote:

> yes that file has contents. otherwise the sessionID also wouldn't be send
> back?
>
> any ideas how to fix the ws communication?
>

> Am 24.08.2016 um 23:44 schrieb Sebastien Jourdain:
>
> Yes it seems the ws forwarding is not working.
>
> if you cat that file you should see some content with that id and a
> host/port that apache should use to connect to the server that is running
> paraview.
>
> Otherwise the documentation (link that I previously gave) explain how to
> use unix group and setup the appropriate rights to that file so apache can
> read while the launcher can write.
>
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 3:01 PM, Daniel Zuidinga <info at seoaachen.de>
> wrote:
>
>> how can I check?
>>
>> The sessionID is sent to the client. So as far as I understand the http
>> requests work, but not the ws?
>>

>> Am 24.08.2016 um 22:52 schrieb Sebastien Jourdain:
>>
>> Are you sure apache has the right to read the /home/daniel/proxy.txt
>> while the launcher is writting it?
>>
>> Do you see some content that match your sessionId within that file?
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Daniel Zuidinga <info at seoaachen.de>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> I changed sessionManagerURL in my html file to
>>> vtkWeb.properties.sessionManagerURL instead of
>>> http://localhost:8080/paraview. Now I get in firefox:
>>>
>>> Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated.  Use defaultPrevented instead.
>>> jquery-1.8.3.min.js:2:0
>>> GET
>>> http://localhost/proxy [HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request 16ms]
>>> null Visualizer:42:13
>>> Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at
>>> ws://localhost/proxy?sessionId=7d12745c-6a34-11e6-a5dc-0016d4e2bc28.
>>> autobahn.min.js:114:0
>>> GET
>>> http://localhost/proxy [HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request 2ms]