[Paraview] Parallel Rendering - Only one part of dataset shown

Felix Winterhalter felix at audiofair.de
Sat Jul 2 12:06:58 EDT 2016

So I've been trying to get parallel rendering to work for my Paraview.

I built the server myself with MPI support enabled. I then started the
parallel server using mpirun which appears to run fine.

After connecting to the server and loading my VTK Dataset I however only
see a part of the dataset rendered. It appears that this is the part
that is loaded in the master process and nothing else. I tried running
with more or less processes in parallel which then increased or
decreased the size of the shown dataset.

So I was wondering how do I actually display the rest? The way it is
right now its pretty useless to me since I can't see most of my data.

The data I have is an unstructured grid.

Any help would be appreciated.